The level of your base works as an indication of your peak base performance. You're rewarded in VEGA Conflict when you increase your base's offensive or defensive ability.
The following actions will reward you with experience:
- Building a new Module
- Upgrading a Module to a new rank
- Attaching higher level weapons / shields / armor to your Modules
- Completing Research*
- Completing or obtaining a Blueprint
The following will not result in an experience gain:
- Banking resources
- Building / Editing your Ships
- Destroying VEGA / Enemy Fleets
- Destroying a player's base
To prevent exploitation, if you scrap a module or remove components and then later build something of equal value, you will not receive any new experience as your performance has not increased any further. If you build something of a greater experience amount, you will gain the positive difference between the two.
You will not lose experience once it is gained.