These are the first steps to take if you have experienced connectivity and performance issues on PC:
- Temporarily disable your firewall or add VEGA Conflict as an exception in your firewall's settings. Firewalls have a tremendous impact on smooth gameplay on Steam, much more than on browser or mobile. If you do end up disabling make sure you reenable it when you are done playing!
- Verify game cache. To do this, right click on Game>Properties>Local Files>Verify Game Cache.
- Open the Steam client and use the dropdown menu in the top left of your screen (labeled "Steam") to select Settings (sometimes called Preferences). Click the "In Game" tab, and you will see an option to adjust your max pings per minute. Set this to 1,500 or lower.
- Make sure absolutely no programs are running in the background.
- Plug directly into your modem/router (no wifi) and powercycle it regularly
- Reboot your computer
If this does not help to resolve the issue, a few quick diagnostics may be run that will show connection health, found HERE.