Fusion is done in the Workshop on the aptly named "Fusion" tab:
|What is being crafted||What is used|
|Reusable Instance (RI)||RI Fragments|
|Lower level RIs|
|Lower level RIs + Elements|
|Same level RIs + Elements|
|Lower level RIs + Alien Artifacts|
|Cores||Lower level Cores|
Fusion recipes allow you to take multiple (4) lower tiered ship Cores, and make 1 higher tiered ship Core.
IE: I can take 4 T1 Frigate Cores and make 1 T2 Frigate Core. Here are some of the specifics on how Core to Core Recipes work:
- Fusion recipes are unlocked once you find at least one Core that can make another Core, though you will need to find at least 4 to actually fuse them.
- Once you have discovered a recipe you keep it forever regardless of how many of that Core you currently have.
- Fusion recipes have no resource cost (other than the lower tiered Cores you are using) and do not take any time so they can be done instantly.
- Fusion Recipes are ship class specific, meaning a specific class of Core can only make higher tiered Cores of the same class; i can not take Frigate Cores and make Battleship Cores.
- Fusion Recipes will only go up one tier at a time; no matter how many T1 Cores i have they will always make T2 Cores, which in turn can be used to make T3 Cores, etc.
Please Note: Flagship Core Fusion
Unlike normal Fusion, Flagship cores only require 2 T5 cores of any class (though you can't mix and match classes) of ship to make 1 Flagship Core. This may change in the future as more power types of flagships are added, making the current Cores for Javelins a T1 core, but at the time there is only 1 type of Flagship Core (simply called Flagship Core) and it only needs 2 T5s to fuse.
Fusion Recipe Research
Since the 4/2/17 deploy players can now research new T6 core and Flagship Armament recipes in their Ship Lab in a new "Fusion" Tab
Currently, there are two different types of Fusion Recipes in the Ship Lab
- Recipes to Fuse T5 Cores into T6 Cores
- Recipes to Iron Star and Demon Corps Armaments into Flagship Armaments.