Most connectivity issues are temporary, caused by minor interruptions in your signal. It’s usually nothing to worry about; this is the Internet, after all! While many things can cause lag, disconnects, loading and performance issues, there are some simple steps you can take that can reduce how often you experience performance errors and connection issues:
These are the first steps to take if you have experienced connectivity and performance issues on PC:
- Temporarily disable your firewall or add VEGA Conflict as an exception in your firewall's settings. Firewalls have a tremendous impact on smooth gameplay on Steam, much more than on browser or mobile. If you do end up disabling make sure you reenable it when you are done playing!
- Verify game cache. To do this, right click on Game>Properties>Local Files>Verify Game Cache.
- Open the Steam client and use the dropdown menu in the top left of your screen (labeled "Steam") to select Settings (sometimes called Preferences). Click the "In Game" tab, and you will see an option to adjust your max pings per minute. Set this to 1,500 or lower.
- Make sure absolutely no programs are running in the background.
- Clear your Steam Cache
- Plug directly into your modem/router (no wifi) and powercycle it regularly
- Reboot your computer
If you are experiencing any performance issues while on a mobile device:
- Make sure your phone/tablet's OS and version of VEGA Conflict are completely up to date
- Make sure no apps are running in the background. You can find this by double clicking your home button and swiping away any active apps in the background.
- Play from a stable WiFi signal (standard rules apply here. The closer you are to the router and the less people who are using, the better).
- Restart your device. This reconnection and reboot can smooth out any obstacles that may be affecting your connectivity to the game.
- If you are not playing in guest mode, uninstall/reinstall the app.
These are just preliminary steps; they'll solve most people's problems, but not everyone's. Most lag issues are temporary, so if you're still having lag issues after trying these steps, you might be experiencing some ongoing connection issues. You can perform the tests outlined earlier in these instructions to check!